- 2 cups sushi rice
- 2.25 cups of water
- 1/4 cup of rice vinegar
- 1.5 tbsp of sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Rinse rice with cold water until the water is clear. Let it dry for one hour.
- Add rice and water to a pot with a lid. Bring it to a simmer. Then let set the temperature to low and let it cook for 10 minutes. Do not open the lid.
- After 10 minutes of cooking, turn off the heat and let the rice sit for another 10 minutes in the pot.
- Mix the rice vinegar, sugar and salt until it is disolved in a solution. This is "seasoned rice vinegar".
- Spread rice out on a flat surface and coat evenly with the solution you created.
- Fan the rice while fluffing with a fork.